Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sick Day

I don't get sick days.  It's just part of my job description.  Only one time, in my daughter's 4 years, have I been ill enough to beg my husband to drop everything and return home so I could curl up and pretend that the "flu of death" wasn't knocking on my door.  Of course, a benefit of being a SAHM is less exposure to the germs of the world.  Unless my daughter brings some home from school.  And that's what she did this week.  So today she and I are home having a down day. No school for her and no chores for me.

Surprisingly, it's been great (well, as "great" as you can be when you're surrounded by tissues and have a cough that would scare away a seal).  And I think my munchkin enjoys taking care of me for a change.  She reminds me to drink liquids (So she does listen to me!) and brought out her doctor kit to take my temperature (Sad Face temp for Mommy) and to make sure my heart hadn't stopped (Whew!). Normally she's like a hummingbird, but today she's slowed by the sickies so I snagged the opportunity (while she was listening to my "Bump Bump" with her totally sophisticated plastic stethoscope) to explain why our hearts beat and a general overview of our circulatory system.  She was fascinated! 

What's on the agenda for the rest of the day?  Well, Dr. Mommy consulted with Dr. Lil Lampshade and we agreed on Tinkerbell & snuggling, followed by some chicken soup, afternoon naps and pizza (Delivery, of course) for dinner.  Now, if she only knew how to make tea...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...